Assalamualaikum and hey guys!
Welcome back to Maryam’s kitchen hehe the no.1 source of recipes for absolute beginners and amateurs in cooking and baking!! (Stats by yours truly).
Anyways, to cut the intro short, I would just like to comment that this recipe is very very simple and easy to make- if you know how to bake bread than this will be as easy as ABC for you. Moreover, the ingredients are pretty simple and easy to find anywhere at your local bakery stores.
Special thanks to Ms.Laura Vitale from Laura in the Kitchen for this simplified and foolproof recipe. These rolls are certainly perfect for tea, dessert and just plain snacking. You can get up to 16 rolls for one portion thus, it is perfect for dinner parties or big events. Without further ado, I present to you, Laura Vitale’s Cinnamon Rolls!
Makes 14 to 16 Rolls
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
1 Package of Dry Yeast
¾ cup of Whole Milk
¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
¼ cup of Water, warmed up to 115 degrees
¼ tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 tsp of Salt
¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
4 cups of All Purpose Flour
¼ cup of Melted Butter, to brush over the top before baking
For the Filling,
1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
¾ cup of Brown Sugar
¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
For the Glaze,
¼ cup of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1 Tbsp of Butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups of Powdered Sugar
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 to 4 Tbsp of Warm Milk
1) In a small bowl, combine the warm water and 1 tsp of the granulated sugar, sprinkle the yeast over the top and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix the egg, milk, salt, sugar and melted butter. Add 2 cups of the flour and the water, vanilla and yeast mixture, mix until its all incorporated and slowly add about 2 more cups of flour. Turn the speed up to medium and let it mix for about 5 to 7 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
3) Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and set aside. Take the dough out of the mixer and pull it together with your hands to form a ball. Place it in the oiled bowl and oil the top of the dough with a little vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rise for about 2 hours.
4) In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon for the filling, set aside.
5) When doubled in size, punch the dough down and roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15×9” rectangle. Spread the soft butter over the top and sprinkle evenly over the sugar and cinnamon mixture.Staring from one of the long ends, tightly roll the dough into a jelly roll form. Cut into 14 to 16 slices (make sure they are even) and place them cut side down in a well buttered 9×13 baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 1 ½ hours.
6) Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
7) Once risen, brush them with some melted butter and bake them for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8) While the cinnamon rolls cool for a few minutes make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl except for the milk, once the cream cheese is all mixed, slowly add the milk until you get a runny glaze consistency. Immediately pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Post By: Laura Vitale
For more great recipe, do visit: http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/
ps// I got a new phone today! Alhamdulillah, so happy 🙂